Vellus Hair versus Terminal HairFebruary 2, 2016
Bad Habits that can affect Skin ComplexionFebruary 18, 2016
Everybody knows the necessity of an everyday skin care regimen customized for your skin type and depending on season.
There are however other skin care routines you can use weekly at home to benefit the skin by deeper cleansing, enhancing moisture, preventing blemishes and keeping it glowing.
Thinners/ Exfoliation: Removing dead skin cells helps the skin maintain a healthy, youthful appearance. An exfoliation should not be used more than once a week.
• Exfoliation should be done following cleansing your face, on moistened skin.
• Use a gentle, circular upward motion to rub the grains or buff puff against the skin
• Avoid the area around the eyes. This skin does not shed cuticle in the same manner and delicate skin would be damaged.
• Rinse THOROUGHLY using warm water.
Masques/ Masks: There are two types of masks available, clay and gel. Clay is good for deep cleansing of pores. Gel is used to restore moisture.
• After cleaning your face, apply the mask with an upward motion to the moistened skin.
• Avoid the area around the eyes
• Masks take 15-20 minutes to work, so lie down and relax…do not keep it longer than recommended.
• After splashing the area with warm water, remove residue with fingertips and a clean, wet washcloth.
• Rinse THOROUGHLY with warm water
• Apply moisturizer.
Facial: Facials not only deep cleanse your pores, but the steam hydrates the epidermis.
• After the facial soap step, hold your head over a facial sauna or bowl of very hot water
• Cover both the steamer and your head with a large towel
• Keep your face at least 18 inches away from the water to avoid scalding.
• Stop after you begin to perspire heavily, usually in 15 to 20 minutes.
• When your pores are fully opened, you can safely press out blemishes following these steps:
a- Cover fingertips with tissue
b- Roll fingers gently under blemish and LIFT out
c- DON’T FORCE OR PICK
• Use a freshener with Witch Hazel to close pores
• Finish with a moisturizer.
Setting up a skin care routine will ensure that you taking optimal care of your skin needs.
The secret to success is consistency of purpose.